Becoming a member of the Wisconsin School Counselor Association is a tremendous asset to your professional career. It is an organization that is comprised of school counselors throughout the state of Wisconsin.
Counselors need each other for:
- A strong professional image
- Personal and professional growth
- Promoting continually improved counseling services by working with and learning from allied professional organizations such as:
- Wisconsin Association for Career Development (WACD)
- American School Counselor Association (ASCA)
- American Association for Career Development (AACD)
- Professional Recognition for outstanding school counselors
- Staying on the leading edge of your profession!
WHY BE A MEMBER?
- Professional development and skill building through conferences and workshops
- To advocate for legislative issues that affect students
- To support WSCA and ASCA in promoting the passage of the national legislation affecting school counselors
- The Counselink newsletter, a newsletter strictly for WSCA members keeping them informed of what is happening locally and nationally in Kindergarten through Post-secondary school counseling
- Access to Members Only resources, message boards, and other collaborative opportunities through the WSCA website.
WHO CAN JOIN?
Membership is open to anyone who is interested in the field of school counseling and wants to be professionally informed and involved.
How do I join?
Join online! Membership Application
Join the WSCA Facebook page – Connect with Statewide School Counselors Today!
Looking for a way to network with other school counseling professionals around Wisconsin?
Searching for information to support your school counseling needs?
The Wisconsin School Counselor Association is excited to announce the addition of a WSCA Facebook page. The WSCA Facebook page will provide a way for Wisconsin school counseling professionals to ask questions, receive information, and share documents specific to our state school counseling curriculum and needs. This is a free service provided by WSCA and does not cost your organization anything to participate.
The benefits to you include the ability to:
- Ask a question and receive responses from others in Wisconsin
- Provide input on posted discussion topics
- Upload documents and information to the “File Tab” to share with others
- Print documents and information from the “File Tab” for your own school counseling needs
- Stay current with important school counselor-related events posted to the page
If you have already have a Facebook account all you need to is join the WSCA Facebook group. If you do not have a Facebook account, you will have to create an account in order to participate in the WSCA Facebook group.
Please note that by joining the WSCA Facebook page, members do not have access to your personal Facebook page unless allowed through your personal privacy settings.
If you have questions about the WSCA Facebook page please contact the WSCA Technology Coordinator, Katrina Eisfeldt.