The Wisconsin School Counselor Program Accountability Report (WSCPAR) is a continuous improvement document that replaces the Support Personnel Accountability Report Card for Wisconsin (SPARC-W). The WSCPAR provides school counselors an opportunity to demonstrate a commitment for getting results and communicating how students are different because of the school counseling program at their school. The WSCPAR was developed by a Wisconsin School Counselor Association (WSCA) advisory group of Wisconsin school counselors.
We hope that you will find the WSCPAR useful in: presenting a self-evaluation of your student support system, preparing/analyzing results that guide programming for all students in their academic, social/emotional, and career goals, promoting your program to your school administration, school board, community partners, businesses, and parents/guardians, preparing reports for school accreditation, grants, or awards recognition, and implementing the American School Counselor Association (ASCA) National Model.
The WSCPAR committee has made changes to simplify the WSCPAR process and continue to align it with the ASCA model.
NEW this year!
- Printed copies of your WSCPAR are no longer required to be mailed. Email your completed WSCPAR, application and supporting documents to firstname.lastname@example.org .
- WSCA is creating a template for you to more easily complete the WSCPAR.
- Principal comments replaced with signed Annual Agreement (ASCA Model 3rd Edition)/Annual Administrative Conference (ASCA Model 4th Edition).
- School Climate & Safety is no longer a separate WSCPAR category and will be included under the Results Report Section.
- Simplified 2019-2020 SMART goal reporting , no charts or graphs! Include the SMART goals on the WSCPAR and attach two completed SMART Goal Planning Template for Developing a School Counseling Program Goal forms with the application. One goal must be a closing the gap goal.
Extended deadline! The WSCPAR, application and all supporting materials must be emailed to Stacey Miller at email@example.com before Monday November 11, 2019 at 5:00 pm. This will allow you to attend the WSCA Fall Summit in Baraboo on Thursday November 7, 2019 for support and help in finishing your WSCPAR.
If you wish to submit a WSCPAR to the Wisconsin School Counselor Association WSCPAR committee for professional review and award recognition, please follow the directions and requirements delineated in this year’s WSCPAR Application Packet.
The following 4 componenets must be included (in pdf files) for your application to be considered complete and forwarded for Program of Promise Review:
1. WSCPAR: Use Template or Create your own- Note WSCPAR must fit (back and front) on one 8 ½” x 11” sheet of paper
2. Annual Agreement/Annual Administrative Conference Template: signed by counselor(s) and administrator (SELECT ONE).
It is not expected that all components of the Annual Agreeement/ Administrative Conference are complete, please just note on your form what is currently in place.
3. SMART Goal Planning Template: Two Required-Minimum One Closing the Gap
4. Completed Application: New this year! The cover letter and WSCPAR self scoring rubric are now included in the application
Additional WSCPAR Resource Guides:
Stacey Miller, WSCPAR Director
School Counselor, Sun Prairie School District