The Wisconsin School Counselor Program Accountability Report (WSCPAR) is a continuous improvement document that replaces the Support Personnel Accountability Report Card for Wisconsin (SPARC-W). The WSCPAR provides school counselors an opportunity to demonstrate a commitment for getting results and communicating how students are different because of the school counseling program at their school. The WSCPAR was developed by a Wisconsin School Counselor Association (WSCA) advisory group of Wisconsin school counselors.
We hope that you will find the WSCPAR useful in: presenting a self-evaluation of your student support system, preparing/analyzing results that guide programming for all students in their academic, social/emotional, and career goals, promoting your program to your school administration, school board, community partners, businesses, and parents/guardians, preparing reports for school accreditation, grants, or awards recognition, and implementing the American School Counselor Association (ASCA) National Model.
Information about the current WSCPAR application process can be found below, or you can check out our Archive of Award Winners here.
2019-2020 & 2020-2021 WSCPAR
The WSCPAR committee has made changes to simplify the WSCPAR process and continue to align it with the ASCA model.
- Printed copies of your WSCPAR are no longer required to be mailed. Email your completed WSCPAR, application and supporting documents to email@example.com .
- WSCA is creating a template for you to more easily complete the WSCPAR.
- Principal comments replaced with signed Annual Administrative Conference (ASCA Model 4th Edition).
- School Climate & Safety is no longer a separate WSCPAR category and will be included under the Results Report Section.
- Simplified SMART goal reporting , no charts or graphs! Include the SMART goals on the WSCPAR and attach two completed Annual Student Outcome Goal forms with the application. One goal must be a closing the gap goal.
The WSCPAR, application and all supporting materials must be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org by Monday November 22, 2021.
This will allow you to get feedback on your WSCPAR at our 2021 WSCA Conference in Wisconsin Dells November 10th-12th.
If you wish to submit a WSCPAR to the Wisconsin School Counselor Association WSCPAR committee for professional review and award recognition, please follow the directions and requirements delineated in this year’s WSCPAR Application.
Application Packet Requirements:
The following 4 components must be included (in pdf files) for your application to be considered complete and forwarded for Program of Promise Review:
1. WSCPAR – Use Template or Create Your Own: WSCPAR must fit (back and front) on one 8 ½” x 11” sheet of paper
2. Annual Administrative Conference Template: signed by counselor(s) and administrator.
It is not expected that all components of the Annual Administrative Conference are complete, please just note on your form what is currently in place.
3. Two (2) Annual Student Outcome Goal Forms: minimum of one on closing the gap
4. Completed Application: the WSCPAR self scoring rubric is now included in the application
Additional WSCPAR Resource Guides:
Stacey Miller & Sarah Flier, WSCPAR Directors